Friday, December 9, 2011

Thankful

There was a mini-movement on Facebook this year to post an item you were thankful for in your status from November 1 to November 24 (Thanksgiving).  I put down 25 since I like my numbers to be multiples of five.  :)
1.  Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
2. Martin Luther
3. Being a member of a church body that believes, teaches, and confesses Scriptural truth.
4. My baptism
5. the Lord’s Supper
6. My husband and my pastor (they’re one and the same)
7. Living in the Midwest
8. Christian parents
9. Christian teachers and mentors throughout all my school years
10. Godly in-laws
11. Music
12. Musical ability
13. Living close to family
14. A lovely house to call ‘home’
15. My job
16. God-fearing co-workers
17.Having the resources to consider an international adoption
18.Being able to access, read, and study God’s word
19. My practical, faithful car
20. Fourteen years of sweet companionship with our (my parents, sisters, and my) family dog who had to be put down in September
21. Facebook – sounds shallow I know, but it really helps us feel like we can stay in touch and be social with our closest friends and family in other states
22. Books
23. The Green Bay Packers
24. Gymnastics
25. Great,understanding doctors

No comments: